When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk
of fire, electric shock, and/or injury to persons including the following:
1. Read all instructions carefully before using the coffee-grinder.
2 To protect against risk of fire, electrical shock and injury to persons, do not immerse cord, plug or
appliance in water or other liquids.
3. The appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory
or mental capacities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision
or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children
should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
4. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
5. Do not remove the lid until the burr has stopped completely. After releasing the push button the burr
will come to a stop within 2 to 3 seconds.
6. Unplug from the outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning.
Allow to cool down before putting on or taking off parts, before cleaning the appliance, and before
7. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or
has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Return the appliance to the nearest authorized
De’Longhi service center for examination, repair or adjustment.
8. To reduce the risk of injury do not drape cord over the counter top or table top where it can be pul-
led on by children or tripped over unintentionally.
9. Do not let the cord hang over the edge of the table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
10. Do not use outdoors.
11. Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
12. To disconnect, remove plug from wall outlet. Do not yank cord, instead grasp plug and pull to di-
13. Do not use the appliance for other than intended use. Never chop ice or use the coffee grinder other
than as described in the instructions.
14. Check grinding chamber for presence of foreign obects before using.
15. Make certain the voltage of the appliance is in accordance with your domestic supply.
16. Any servicing other than cleaning and user maintenance should be performed by the nearest au-
thorized De’Longhi Service Center.
Do not immerse the appliance in water.
17. To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not dismantle the appliance.
18. Repair should be done by an authorized De’Longhi Service Center only.
19. The use of attachments not recommended or sold by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock
20. Avoid contacting moving parts.
21. This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric
shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in
the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to mo-
dify the plug in any way.
A short power cord is provided to reduce risks resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a
longer cord. Longer, detachable power supply cords or extension cords are available and may be used if
care is exercised in their use. If an extension cord is used, the marked electrical rating should be at least
as great as the electrical rating of the appliance. The longer cord should be arranged so that it will not
drape over the counter-top or table top where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
THIS APPLIANCE IS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY